1 Butternut Squash, cubed
½ Cup Olive Oil + 2 Tbs.
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Cups parve chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place cubed squash in a 9×13 inch roasting pan and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast at 400 degrees for approx. 30 mins. Or until soft and browning.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil in a large saucepan on medium heat and add onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add the squash.
- Add the broth and enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Blend with an immersion blender or in batches in a cuisinart.
- Season with salt and pepper.