A real winner! One of my most popular items amoung our Shabbos guests.
2 Stalks Brocolli or ½ bag frozen Brocolli
1 large onion, chopped
4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium potato, thinly sliced
2 Cups Vegetable or parve chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
Optional: Grated cheddar or gouda cheese for dairy meals.
- Heat oil in sauce pan on medium heat and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add potato slices and sauté until brown.
- Add the broccoli and sauté until soft.
- Add the broth and enough water to cover vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 mins.
- Remove soup from heat and blend with an immersion blender, or transfer soup in small batches and blend in a cuisinart.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: melt grated cheese in individual bowls of soup before serving for dairy meals.