Chicken Caesar Salad
Another winner! This recipe has received countless compliments and requests.
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
¼ Cup + 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbs. each of finely chopped fresh Parsley, Basil and Oregano. (Dried herbs can also be used.)
1 head Romaine Lettuce
2 Cups Garlic-Herb Croutons
1 Cup low-fat Mayonnaise
4 Cloves finely chopped fresh Garlic
¾ lemon, juiced
1 ½ Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Prepare the chicken breasts ahead of time. Combine ¼ Cup oil, lemon juice and herbs in a bowl and mix.
- Wash chicken breasts, pat dry and lay flat in a baking pan. Pour over marinade and marinate for 4 hours min. or overnight.
- Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken breasts until tender. (Or if you have a George Forman Grill or Barbeque you can grill them on there.) Let Cool.
Note * Lemon-Herb Grilled chicken breasts can also be purchased at most kosher take-out stores or delis. Personally, I buy them ready-made from Hartman’s Meats when I prepare this salad.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin, horizontal slices or dice into cubes.
- Prepare the lettuce by washing, drying and checking for bugs.
- Tear into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl.
- Add the chicken and croutons.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small Tupperware container or bowl.
- Pour over salad right before serving and toss.