2 leeks, chopped (white and light green parts only)
6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
½ Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
8 chicken drumsticks with the skin on
1 bunch Rosemary, finely chopped
Juice of half a lemon
Olive oil and Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a 9×13 inch roasting pan, combine leeks, half the garlic and squash.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss.
- Lay drumsticks on top of the squash mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Rub garlic, rosemary and olive oil into the chicken and under the skin.
- Squeeze lemon over the entire dish.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for approx 1 ½ hours or until golden-brown and the squash is soft and juicy.
This particular recipe can allow for some creativity if desired. Try adding some cauliflower, mushrooms, red pepper or red onion to the squash for a little variety.