My personal unique and healthy cholent recipe, to be enjoyed for Shabbos lunch.
1 medium sized onion, cut into chunks
4 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
6 whole cloves of garlic
¼ Cup brown Basmati rice
6-8 chicken drumsticks with skin on
Salt, Pepper and Paprika to taste
- Drizzle a little olive oil in the bottom of the crock pot/ slow cooker.
- Add onion, potatoes, sweet potatoes and garlic.
- Sprinkle over the rice.
- Place chicken at the top.
- Sprinkle mixture with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Squirt ketchup generously on top.
- Pour water to cover.
- Cook on high from Friday morning until Shabbos starts.
- Turn heat down to low before lighting candles.